Spring is here!! Longer days to enjoy the sun and warmer weather are right around the corner! I hope!
Throughout Lent, we journey with Jesus through his trials and tribulations. Undaunted by temptation and the Pharisees’ intimidation and deceit, Jesus courageously stayed the course. As we look towards Holy Week, we reflect on Jesus’ sufferings unto His physical death on the cross. On Easter Sunday we will celebrate His victory: in submitting Himself to the will of His Father, Jesus will defeat death. His resurrection illustrates the saving power of eternal Love, available to all of us when we acknowledge our sinfulness, open our hearts to the Truth and commit our souls to the Lord. What a nice way to immerse ourselves in Spring!
Highlights of the Month:
- Our STEM day and evening STEM fair were a huge success! The children enjoyed being engineers, inventors, scientists and more! Many thanks to our teachers who help to facilitate our children’s learning by allowing them to ask, imagine, plan, create and improve their design process. Also, many thanks to our speakers and everyone who participated in these wonderful events. Big shout out to Victor Puksta, one of our alumni, who so graciously agreed to be our keynote speaker. He grabbed the interest of all of our students by demonstrating and talking about the iRobot!!! Thanks, Vic!!
- We thank you for joining us for the Stations of the Cross each Friday afternoon. For their leadership during this Lenten season we recognize the following teachers and their classes: Mrs. Mitchell and her fifth grade, Mrs. Viola and her fifth grade, Mrs. Donohue and her fourth grade, and Mrs. Ternan and her fourth grade.
- Father Kelley celebrated Saint Patrick’s Day Mass for our students on March 17th. Mrs. Crow’s and Ms. Jacques 2nd graders prepared the readings and it was a wonderful presentation!
- The Lion King Jr. was an amazing success! Miss Daigle and Mrs. Fessenden did a phenomenal job allowing the students to literally “run the show”. The students went above and beyond our expectations and to sum it up…they owned it!!! I am so very proud of all of them!! Thank you to all the parent volunteers who helped make the play a success behind the scenes! Their help never goes unnoticed.
- We are grateful to this month’s readers of the Morning Prayer and Pledge of Allegiance: Kaylie Skinner, Skylar Skinner and Kate Tyrrell
What a fun month we’ve had. I wish the entire St. Christopher school family a very happy and Blessed Easter. I am looking forward to another busy month ahead!